Small businesses in the greater Kansas City area will have an opportunity to learn how to gain access to lucrative emerging markets overseas with the support of the U.S. Government’s development finance institution, the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), when OPIC and the World Trade Center Kansas City host a seminar on November 14.
Since its establishment in 1971, OPIC has committed more than $454 million in financing and political risk insurance to projects sponsored by companies in Missouri and Kansas, supporting nearly 5000 U.S. jobs and another $1.4 billion in U.S. exports. For example, OPIC provided nearly $50 million in political risk insurance to Anheuser Busch International Holdings in order to expand its business in Brazil, producing canned beverages to sell in Sao Paulo and other cities.
The Expanding Horizons seminar will outline for participants the innovative financial tools that OPIC has used for 40 years to help U.S. businesses successfully invest in emerging markets.
The event is the latest in a highly successful series that has educated more than 2100 small and medium-sized business owners across the United States about OPIC products and services. Since 2006, OPIC has held Expanding Horizons events in Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, Houston, San Francisco, Boston, St. Louis, Denver, Philadelphia, Orange (CA), Raleigh, New Orleans, New York City and Seattle.
The St. Louis workshop, held in 2009, drew 120 participants from 20 states around the country, educating small businesses about investment opportunities overseas and the OPIC products that can help companies take advantage of them.
- An Introduction to OPIC: Overview of OPIC and how they can help small business access emerging international markets
- OPIC Loans: Learn about the eligibility requirements, available funding options, and loan terms
- OPIC Political Risk Insurance: Discover how political risk insurance can protect your business
- Case Studies: Company success stories of how OPIC helped them
- Getting Started with OPIC: Learn how to apply, discover available resources, prepare your proposal, etc.
Courtesy of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, we are able to provide this workshop and breakfast free of charge, but please rsvp so we can properly accommodate.